Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Why I Tell My Friends It’ll Be 1964 All Over Again

Listen to the two smartest Republicans alive foretelling the end of this Republican campaign. In all honesty, if McCain had a fighting chance before last Friday, he absolutely disintegrated with the Palin pick. The national vote may be close, but I see the Dems picking up 4-5 new states where no presidential democrat has walked in quite a while.

Listen to the exchange off-camera between MSNBC’s Chuck Todd, Mike Murphy and Peggy Noonan, when the show has gone to commercial. Early on, Noonan says “It's over.” Then she says, “I think they went for this, excuse me, political bullshit about narratives… but what's the narrative?”

And Murphy says, “You know what's really the worst thing about it? The greatness of McCain is no cynicism and this is cynical.”

Couldn’t put it better myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home